Investigation of the polysaccharides from the stems of Althaea rugosa
- 17 Downloads
1. Water-soluble polysaccharides have been isolated from the bark and heart of the stems ofAlthaea rugosa Alef. collected in the Sevan (Armenian SSR) and Shamakhinskii (Azerbaidzhan SSR) regions with yields of 3.0, 4.5, 4.3, and 8.0%, respectively.
2. It has been established by sedimentation analysis that all the polysaccharides investigated were homogeneous.
3. Each of the polysaccharides contained galacturonic and glucuronic acids, rhamnose, glucose, galactose, and arabinose.
4. The quantitative contents of the monosaccharides in samples of the polysaccharides isolated have been determined.
KeywordsPolysaccharide Arabinose Rhamnose Uronic Acid Glucuronic Acid
- 1.M. M. Il'in, I. S. Kozhina, and N. A. Trukhaleva, Tr. BIN AN SSSR, Ser. V, Rast. syr'e, No. 13, 198 (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.I. S. Kozhina, The Chemistry and Metabolism of Carbohydrates [in Russian], Moscow (1965), p. 139.Google Scholar
- 3.I. S. Kozhina and N. A. Trukhaleva, Abstracts of Lectures at the IV-th All-Union Conference on the Chemistry and Biochemistry of Carbohydrates [in Russian], L'vov (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.I. S. Kozhina and N. A. Trukhaleva, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,177, 458 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.V. D. Shcherbukhin, Usp. Biol. Khimii,9, 198 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.I. S. Kozhina and G. Z. Mamatov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 397 (1970).Google Scholar