Specificity of the lipase from cottonseed
1. The lipase from cotton seeds possesses lipase, esterase, and tweenase activities.
2. The broad substrate specificity of the lipase is connected with its capacity for functioning both in homogeneous and in heterogeneous media. A mechanism of the action of the lipase explaining the specificity of its action is proposed.
KeywordsLipase Lipase Activity Triolein Cotton Seed Tristearin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. P. Singer and B. H. J. Hofstee, Arch. Bioch.,18, 229 (1948).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Desnuelle and P. Savary, J. Lip. Res.,4, 369 (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.M. M. Rakhimov, N. R. Dzhanbaeva, and P. Kh. Yuldashev, KhPS [Chemistry of Natural Compounds], 602 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.O. S. Privett and M. L. Blank, J. Lip. Res.,2, 37 (1961).Google Scholar