Kinetics of nortriptyline in man according to a two compartment model
- 38 Downloads
Plasma concentrations of nortriptyline have been assayed in four subjects after intravenous infusion of 57 mg nortriptyline hydrochloride. The data were evaluated according to a two compartment open model. The calculated best-fitting curves were in good agreement with the experimental data, better than could be expected from a simpler model. This justifies the assumption that the kinetics of nortriptyline in man may be described by this model with an appropriate input function. The data permitted estimation of all the parameters of the model. The meaning of the parameters is discussed, particularly in relation to individual variation.
Key wordsNortriptyline pharmacokinetics man two compartment model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alexanderson, B.: Pharmacokinetics of nortriptyline in man after single and multiple oral doses: the predictability of steady-state plasma concentrations from single-dose plasma-level data. Europ. J. clin. Pharmacol.4 82–91 (1972)Google Scholar
- Alexanderson, B., Borgå, O., Urinary excretion of nortriptyline and five of its metabolites in man after single and multiple oral doses. Europ. J. clin. Pharmacol.5 174–180 (1973)Google Scholar
- Alexanderson, B., Borgå, O.: Alván, G.: The availability of orally administered nortriptyline. Europ. J. clin. Pharmacol.5 181–185 (1973)Google Scholar
- Benet, L.Z.: General treatment of linear mammillary models with elimination from any compartment as used in pharmacokinetics. J. pharm. Sci.,61 536–541 (1972)Google Scholar
- Fredricson Overø, K.: Increased specificity of the3H-acetic anhydride coupling method for plasma analysis of drugs containing secondary amino groups. Acta pharmacol. (Kbh.),31 433–440 (1972)Google Scholar
- Gibaldi, M., Nagashima, R., Levy, G.: Relationship between drug concentration in plasma or serum and amount of drug in the body. J. pharm. Sci.58 193–197 (1969)Google Scholar
- Hammer, W., Brodie, B.B.: Application of isotope derivative technique to assay of secondary amines: estimation of desipramine by acetylation with3H-acetic anhydride. J. Pharmacol. exp. Ther.,157 503–508 (1967)Google Scholar
- Hammer, W., Sjöqvist, F.: Plasma levels of monomethylated tricyclic antidepressants during treatment with imipramine-like compounds. Life Sci.6 1895–1903 (1967)Google Scholar
- Hammer, C.-G., Alexanderson, B., Holmstedt, B., Sjöqvist, F.: Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry of nortriptyline in body fluids of man. Clin. Pharmacol. Ther.12 496–505 (1971)Google Scholar
- Jusko, W.J., Lewis, P.G., Dittert, L.W.: Integral coefficients of multi-compartment pharmacokinetic models. Chemotheraphy (Basel)17 109–120 (1972)Google Scholar