Optical-collisional transitions in the “dressed” atom model
- 18 Downloads
In this paper we present a theoretical description of collisional transitions between energy levels of the composite system “atom + radiation field.” For simplicity we consider a two-level atom interacting with a classical field, neglecting spontaneous transitions. We obtain an exact solution to the Schrödinger equation with arbitrary time dependence in the Hamiltonian in the rotating wave approximation. We find the levels for which the polarization of the system will have a component due to purely collisional effects.
KeywordsRadiation Energy Level Exact Solution Time Dependence Radiation Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Leonardi, F. Persico, and G. Vetri,Riv. Nuovo Cim. 9, No. 4, 1–85 (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.P. A. Apanesevich and A. P. Nizovtsev, Preprint No. 282, Inst. Fiz., Akad. Nauk BSSR (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.C. Cohen-Tannoudji and S. Reynaud,J. Phys. 43, No. 7, 1021–1035 (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.S. I. Yakovlev,Usp. Fiz. Nauk 136, No. 4, 593–620 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.R. W. Boyd and M. Sargent, III,J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 5, No. 1, 99–111 (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.F. R. Gantmakher,Matrix Theory 4th edn. [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1988).Google Scholar