Contributions of weak and strong interactions to the anomalous magnetic moment of the electron
- 17 Downloads
Based on Weinberg - Salam weak interaction theory, we have determined the addition to the anomalous magnetic moment of the electron arising from interaction between the electron and quantum fluctuations of the vector field (the carrier of the weak interaction). We also estimate the contribution of the strong interaction to the anomalous magnetic moment of the electron due to polarization of the quark — gluon vacuum. The overall contribution of the weak and strong interactions to the anomalous magnetic moment proves to be equal to ≈1·10−12, and the contribution of the weak interaction is 2.2 times greater than the contribution of the strong interaction.
KeywordsVector Field Strong Interaction Weak Interaction Anomalous Magnetic Moment Interaction Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Schwinger, Phys. Rev.,76, 790 (1949) [Russian translation], in: D. D. Ivanenko, (ed.), Latest Developments in Quantum Electrodynamics, Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1954), p. 78.Google Scholar
- 2.N. N. Bogolyubov and D. V. Shirkov, Introduction to Quantum Field Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976), pp. 338–339.Google Scholar
- 3.P. S. Isaev, Quantum Electrodynamics in the High-Energy Region [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Kinoshita and W. B. Lindquist, Phys. Rev. D.,42, No. 2, 636–655 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Kinoshita and W. B. Lindquist, Phys. Rev. Lett.,47, No. 22, 1573–1576 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Kinoshita, B. Nizic, and Y. Okamoto, Phys. Rev. Lett.,52, No. 9, 717–719 (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.T.-P. Cheng and L.-F. Li, Gauge Theory in Elementary Particle Physics [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1976), p. 449.Google Scholar
- 8.S. S. Schweber, Relativistic Quantum Field Theory [Russian translation], Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 9.S. J. Brodsky, Quantum Chromodynamics, AIP Conference Proceedings, American Institute of Physics, New York (1979).Google Scholar
- 10.D. H. Perkins, Introduction to High-Energy Physics [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 11.I. F. Iskhakov, Izv. Vuzov, Fizika, No. 8, 77 (1993).Google Scholar