Quantum-mechanical expressions for the current electric dipole and quadrupole moments and the current electrostatic contact interaction
- 33 Downloads
We derive quantum-mechanical expressions for the current electric dipole and quadrupole moments produced by motion of a particle with a magnetic moment. We show that there exists a current electrostatic contact interaction. We also show that the Dirac and anomalous magnetic moments appear with different coefficients in the expressions for the current electric moments and the current electrostatic interaction.
KeywordsElectrostatic Interaction Electric Dipole Contact Interaction Quadrupole Moment Anomalous Magnetic Moment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. M. Frank, Usp. Fiz. Nauk,158, No. 1, 135 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Ya. Silenko, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 7, 53 (1991).Google Scholar
- 3.A. J. Silenko, J. Phys.,B25, No. 7, 1661 (1992).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Meller, Theory of Relativity [Russian translation], Atomizdat, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.M. I. Miller, Usp. Fiz. Nauk,142, No. 1, 147 (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.L. L. Foldy, Phys. Rev.,87, No. 5, 688 (1952).Google Scholar
- 7.H. A. Bethe and E. Salpeter, Quantum Mechanics of Atoms with One and Two Electrons [Russian translation], Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 8.V. Bargmann, L. Michel, and V. I. Telegdi, Phys. Rev. Lett.,2, No. 10, 435 (1959).Google Scholar