Propagation of a soliton-like pulse in a weakly nonlinear medium
- 13 Downloads
Numerical methods are used to study the decay dynamics of a soliton-like signal in a medium with a cubic nonlinearity (using the nonlinear Shrödinger equation). We consider the influence of the initial pulse area, shape, and random modulations in its amplitude and phase on the decay process, as well as the effects of absorption and pumping in the medium.
KeywordsDecay Process Nonlinear Medium Initial Pulse Random Modulation Pulse Area
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.É. V. Lugin and A. V. Shapovalov, Izv. Vuzov. Fiz., No. 2, 36–39 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Donchenko, M. V. Kabanov, É. V. Lugin, et al., Opt. Atmos.,1, No. 1, 67–71 (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.V. E. Zakharov, S. V. Manakov, S. P. Novikov, and L. P. Pitaevskii, Soliton Theory: The Inverse Problem Method [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.V. N. Karpman and E. M. Maslov, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz.,73, No. 2(8), 537 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.A. I. Maimistov, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz.,104, No. 5(11), 3620–3629 (1993).Google Scholar
- 6.F. Kh. Abdullaev, S. A. Darmanyan, and P. K. Khabibulaev, Optical Solitons [in Russian], Inst. of Fiz. Akad. Nauk, Tashkent (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.J. Orlanski, J. Comp. Phys.,21, No. 3, 251–269 (1976).Google Scholar