Mathematical modeling of a satellite communications network
- 24 Downloads
A dynamic multiple-access protocol with notification of clashes is proposed for operation with a satellite communications network. Mathematical modeling is used to find some basic probabilistic and temporal characteristics of the network: the throughput, the wait time, etc. It thus becomes possible to determine the region of initial parameter values in which this protocol is more effective than the ALOHA network protocol.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Communication Network Temporal Characteristic Wait Time Initial Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Schwarz, Communications Networks: Protocols, Modeling, and Analysis [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.G. P. Basharin, P. P. Bocharov, and Ya. A. Kogan, Analysis of Queuing in Computer Networks: Theory and Computation Methods [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Nazarov, Asymptotic Analysis of Systems Which Can Be Rendered Markovian [in Russian], Izd. TGU, Tomsk (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.D. C. Flint, The Data Ring Main: An Introduction to Local Area Networks, Wiley, New York (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Nazarov and S. B. Pichugin, Communications Networks and Computer Networks [in Russian], Minsk (1992), p. 69.Google Scholar