Fatigue strength of titanium alloys with a VK-type detonation coating
- 19 Downloads
The influence of the structural, phase, and size factors, and the bonding of hard tungsten alloys to titanium alloy bases on the mechanism by which the system fails under alternating loads is studied. The failure mechanism of materials with detonation coatings applied by different methods is discussed in regard to the classical sequence of fatigue phenomena, i.e., hardening-softening and crack nucleation and growth.
KeywordsFatigue Titanium Tungsten Failure Mechanism Titanium Alloy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. S. Dimakov, I. N. Shkanov, and N. Z. Loginov, “Influence of detonation evaporation of hard-alloy powders on the fatigue strength of titanium alloy VT8,” in: Theory and Practice of Gas-Thermal Deposition of Coatings. Part 2 [in Russian], Zinatne, Riga (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.R. A. Alfintseva, V. K. Fedorenko, V. Kh. Kadyrov, and A. Z. Sharypov, “Fatigue fracture of titanium alloys with detonation coatings of VK hard alloys,” in: Abstracts. Friction and Wear of Composites [in Russian], Gomel' (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Venediktov, A. Z. Sharypov, A. I. Khoroshenin, and P. L. Morozov, “Increasing the service life of compressor and turbine blades by means of wear-resistant detonation coatings,” Trenie Iznos,1, No. 6, 1093 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.I. G. Sipukhun, D. S. Elenevskii, R. S. Bekulatov, and N. G. Gavrilov, “Wear resistance of shroud rim of compressor and turbine blades,” in: Scientific Foundations and Methods of Increasing the Reliability and Service Life or Gas-Turbine Engines [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.I. I. Il'inskii, A. I. Dukhota, and V. V. Sergeev, “Optimal and boundary conditions of the fretting resistance of tungsten carbide detonation coatings,” Trenie Iznos,2, No. 5, 850 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Rishin, A. P. Garda, A. I. Szverev, et al., “Detonation evaporation — an effective method of extending the service life of gas-turbine engines,” in: Scientific Foundations and Methods of Increasing the Reliability and Service Life of Gas-Turbine Engines [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.R. K. Ivashchenko, V. Kh. Kadyrov, Yu. V. Mil'man, et al., “Influence of the structural-phase state and deposition conditions on the strength of detonation coatings of VK alloys,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 12, 50 (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.R. A. Alfintseva, V. Kh. Kadyrov, V. K. Fedorenko, and A. Z. Sharypov, “Structural studies of tungsten-cobalt carbide detonation coatings,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 12, 50 (1984).Google Scholar