Preparation and properties of yttrium-barium cuprate powder
It is proposed to use mixed precipitation of Y(NO3)3 and Cu(NO3)2 with aqueous KOH to increase the mass of single-phase YBa2Cu3O7−γ powder without adversely affecting the electrophysical parameters. The barium is added as an aqueous solution of Ba(OH)2, and the powder is produced by a two-stage method. The parts of the powder are agglomerates made up of finely divided powder active in sintering. The technological features of the powder have been examined and the moldability limits have been defined.
KeywordsPrecipitation Aqueous Solution Barium Technological Feature Electrophysical Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. V. Subba Rao, U. V. Varadaraju, S. Natarajan, et al., “High-temperature superconductivity in LaBa2Cu3O7 compounds”, Izv. Sib. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Khim. Nauki,17, No. 5, 13–19 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.V. S. Grunin, M. M. Pivovarov, I. B. Patrina, et al., “Properties of solid solutions in the Y1+xBa2−xCu3Oy and YBa2−xSrxCu3Oy systems,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,307, No. 1, 143–146 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.T. E. Os'kina, Yu. D. Tret'Yakov, and A. B. Kulakov, “Solid-state reactions and oxygen exchange in yttrium barium cuprate,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mater.,25, No. 1, 98–102 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.V. P. Chalyi, Metal Hydroxides [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.G. I. Zhuravlev, Ferrite Chemistry and Technology [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.G. N. Novitskaya, K. P. Danil'chenko, A. G. Popov, et al., “Effects on the structure and properties of superconducting YBa2Cu3O7−γ metal oxide ceramic from partial replacement of yttrium and barium by sodium and potassium,” Abstracts for the All-Union Conference on the Crystallochemistry of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds [in Russian], Vladivostok (1989), pp. 45–46.Google Scholar
- 7.B. P. Nikol'skii (ed.), Chemist's Handbook [in Russian], Vol. 3, Goskhimizdat, Leningrad-Moscow (1952).Google Scholar