Mathematical models for calculation of the electrochemical protection parameters of pipelines from electrochemical measurements
- 22 Downloads
A mathematical model is proposed to calculate the transition resistance of anticorrosion coatings on a system of main pipelines in terms of the potential difference between the pipeline and soil surface, and the current along the line. A method to determine the optimum conditions for operating a cathodic protection system was devised. Values of the protection parameters of a pipeline calculated with the aid of a program developed on the basis of the proposed model are tabulated.
KeywordsMathematical Model Optimum Condition Soil Surface Electrochemical Measurement Protection System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. N. Frantsevich, V. V. Lukovich, and A. D. Yatsenko, “On the distribution of currents and potentials along the boreholes of a gas reservoir with electroprotection from corrosion,” Zashch. Met.,6, 744–745 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.I. M. Frantsevich, V. M. Ostapenko, and V. V. Lukovich, “Methods of evaluating the electrochemical protection of large diameter pipelines,” Visn. Akad. Nauk URSR, No. 5, 44–50 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.V. N. Ostapenko, F. N. Zhapakova, V. V. Lukovich, et al., Methods for Calculating Electric Fields in the Electrochemical Protection of Metallic Structures from Corrosion [in Russian], Nauk. Dumka, Kiev (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.I. N. Frantsevich, V. N. Ostapenko, and V. V. Lukovich, Calculation of Parameters for the Electroprotection of Pipelines from Corrosion [in Russian], Prepr., In-t Probl. Materialovedeniya, Akad. Nauk USSR, Kiev (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.I. N. Frantsevich, V. N. Ostapenko, and V. V. Lukovich, “On calculating the parameters for the electroprotection of pipelines from corrosion,” Zashch. Met., No. 3, 397–404 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.V. N. Ostapenko, L. N. Yagupol'skaya, V. V. Lukovich, et al., Electrochemical Protection of Pipelines from Corrosion [in Russian], Nauk. Dumka, Kiev (1988).Google Scholar