Interphase ionic equilibrium in a model system
- 13 Downloads
For a system consisting of two phases between which charged particles are exchanged, we obtained expressions for the electrochemical potentials of the particles in the two phases. In the case of a blurred double layer, the equilibrium condition differs from the analogous condition used to study contact phenomena in solid-state physics.
KeywordsEquilibrium Condition Charged Particle Double Layer Analogous Condition Electrochemical Potential
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Statistical Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.B. B. Damaskin and O. A. Petrii, Introduction to Electrochemical Kinetics [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Parsons, Some Problems in Electrochemistry [Russian translation], Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1958).Google Scholar
- 4.I. Prigogine, P. Marur, and R. Debay, Chim. Phys.,50, 146 (1953).Google Scholar
- 5.L. I. Krishtalin, Electrode Reactions. The Mechanism of an Elementary Event [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar