Heteroepitaxial overgrowth of ZnS on GaS single crystals
- 28 Downloads
The heteroepitaxial overgrowth of ZnS on the basal plane of GaS single crystals was observed during the simultaneous synthesis of GaS and ZnS. The morphology and orientation of ZnS nuclei were investigated in the initial stage of overgrowth. It was found that the ZnS nuclei might be either regular forms such as triangles and hexagons, or dendritic formations with definite orientation relations. The system investigated proves the possibility of heteroepitaxy between compounds with different lattice parameters if these fulfil some special conditions.
KeywordsPolymer Orientation Relation Basal Plane Regular Form Dendritic Formation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. P. Luzhnaya,J. Cryst. Growth 3,4 (1968) 97.Google Scholar
- 2.G. Wolff, P. H. Keck, andJ. D. Broder,Phys. Rev. 94 (1954) 753.Google Scholar
- 3.G. A. Kaluzhnaya, D. N. Tretjakov, A. S. Borschevskij, andA. A. Vaipolin, “Investigations on Semiconductor Materials of the Conference in Kisinev” (State Publishing House “Kartja Moldoven”, Kisinev, 1964) p. 123. (In Russian.)Google Scholar
- 4.I. Bertóti, E. Lendvay, M. Farkas-Jahnke, M. Hársy, andP. Kovács,Phys. Stat. Sol. 12 (1965) K1;Acta Phys. Hung. 21 (1966) 121.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Hársy,Kristall und Technik 2 (1967) 447.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Hársy,Mat. Res. Bull. 3 (1968) 483.Google Scholar