Kinetic conditions for the forced transition of macromolecules of an acrylonitrile copolymer into the uncoiled state
- 17 Downloads
-- The transition of the macromolccule of an acrylonitrile copolymer into the uncoiled state in lengthwise flow of aqueous salt solutions at concentrations from 1 · 10−3 to 5 · 10−2 g/cm3 has been studied.
-- The critical velocity gradients at which the tangled state of the macromolecules becomes unstable in a lengthwise field have been determined. It has been shown that the values of these agree well with predictions of the theory of semidilute polymer solutions.
KeywordsPolymer Macromolecule Salt Solution Polymer Solution Velocity Gradient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Ya. Frenkel', Paradoxes in Problems of Polymer Strength, in: Synthesis, Structure, and Properties of Polymers [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Keller and J. A. Odell, Coll. Polymer Sci.,263, No. 3, 181 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.S. P. Papkov, Polymeric Fibrous Materials [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.K. E. Perepelkin, Fiber Structure and Properties [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Mamazhanov, F. T. Abdullaev, K. É. Érgashev, and M. A. Askarov, Uzb. Khim. Zh., No. 1, 50 (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. V. Breskin, I. S. Saddikov, et al., Polymer Bull.,15, No. 2, 147 (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Peterlin, J. Polymer Sci.,12, 45 (1954).Google Scholar
- 8.É. V. Frisman and V. N. Tsvetkov, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz.,23, 690 (1952).Google Scholar
- 9.V. N. Tsvetkov, V. E. Éskin, and S. Ya. Frenkel', The Structure of Macromolecules in Solution [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. V. Brestkin, Dynamic Phase Transitions in the Flow of Polymeric Liquids [in Russian], Doctoral Dissertation, Physics, Mathematics, and the Sciences, Institute of High-Molecular Compounds of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Leningrad (1990).Google Scholar
- 11.A. Peterlin, Bull. Sci., Youg.,1, 40 (1953).Google Scholar