Investigation of the functional characteristics of flexible support heart valve prostheses
- 14 Downloads
1. The presence of dynamic loadings of elements of heart valve bioprostheses on flexible support frames was established. The amount of movement of compliant elements of the frames caused by dynamic loading substantially (up to 50%) depends on the rigidity of the axial fastening of the bioprosthesis on the stand.
2. The props of flexible support frames of fixing aortic xenografts arranged asymmetrically on the ring of the base of the frame experience movements of various magnitude. The props between the coronary leaflets experience large movements and the props between the coronary and noncoronary leaflets undergo smaller movements.
3. When designing and calculating the strength of flexible support frames of polymer materials it is necessary to take into account their actual mechanical properties, determined by the delivery condition and technological regimes of manufacturing the article.
4. The use of flexible support frames improves the hydrodynamic characteristics of biological prostheses of heart valves.
KeywordsHeart Valve Small Movement Hydrodynamic Characteristic Valve Prosthesis Technological Regime
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Reis, W. Hancock, and J. Jarbrough, J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg.,462, 121–132 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.W. Angell, US Patent 3983581 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Thubrikar, J. D. Deck, L. P. Bosher, et al., in: Annual Conference on Engineering in Medicine and Biology, 30th Proceedings, Washington (1977), p. 201.Google Scholar
- 4.B. A. Konstantinov, S. L. Dzemeshkevich, and A. S. Ivanov, in: Second All-Union Conference on Problems of Biomechanics, Summaries of Reports [in Russian], Vol. 1, Riga (1979), pp. 208–212.Google Scholar
- 5.L. S. Barbarash, B. K. Nekhoroshev, V. V. Popov, et al., Grudn. Khir., No. 2, 23–27 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.O. O. Kushch, Surgical Anatomy of the Aortic Valve, Ascending Aorta, and Initial Parts of the Coronary Arteries of the Heart, Author's Abstract of Candidate Dissertation, L'vov (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.Encyclopedia of Polymers [in Russian]; Vols. 1–3, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.B. V. Minenkov and I. V. Stasenko, Strength of Plastic Parts [in Russian], Moscow (1977).Google Scholar