Dependence of the combustibility of fibres on their degree of pyrolysis and carbonization
- 18 Downloads
The combustibility characteristics of pyrolyzed and carbonized viscose and polyacrylonitrile fibres have been investigated: oxygen index, limiting oxygen concentration, autoignition temperature, and glow point.
It has been shown that the combustibility of pyrolyzed and carbonized fibres prepared from polyacrylonitrile is somewhat lower than the combustibility of those made from viscose fibres: this is connected with a more perfect aromatic structure and with the presence of nitrogen atoms in the first and of oxygen atoms in the second.
KeywordsOxygen Nitrogen Polymer Pyrolysis Oxygen Atom
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Kodolov, Combustibility and Fire Resistance of Polymeric Materials [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.K. E. Perepelkin and L. S. Éfros, Fourth All-Union Conference “Fire-Protective Polymeric Materials; Problems of Evaluating Their Properties” [in Russian], Summaries, Tallin (1981), pp. 115–118.Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Volokhina, Khim. Volokna, No. 4, 6–9 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.K. E. Perepelkin, L. S. Éfros, and I. S. Gugel', Fifth All-Union Conference on Combustion of Polymers and Development of Materials Which Burn to a Limited Extent. Reports [in Russian], Vologograd (1983), p. 21.Google Scholar
- 5.A. F. Zhevlakov, I. A. Bolod'yan, et al., Khim. Volokna, No. 5, 28–30 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.D. W. Van Krevelen, Polymer,10, No. 8, 615–620 (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Konkin, G. I. Kudryavtsev, et al., Heat-Resistant, Fire-Resistant, and Incombustible Fibres [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 8.V. D. Monakhov, Methods of Investigating the Fire Hazard of Substances [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.P. G. Demidov, V. A. Shandyba, and P. P. Shcheglov, Combustion and the Properties of Combustible Substances [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Küshore and Das K. Mohan, Kolloid. Z. Polym.,258, No. 1, 96–98 (1980).Google Scholar
- 11.I. A. Yavorskii, Physicochemical Bases of the Combustion of Solid Fossil Fuels and Graphites [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1973).Google Scholar
- 12.V. A. Vorob'ev, G. A. Andrianov, and V. A. Ushkov, Combustibility of Polymeric Construction Materials [in Russian], Stroiizdat, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar