The effect of twist on the composite strengthening of complex yarns from rigid-chain polymers
- 26 Downloads
-- The effect of polyurethane semicarbazide impregnation and twist on the strength of complex yarns of Armos, SVM, and Terlon has been investigated. A significant increase in strength of these yarns because of the joint action of the indicated factors has been found.
-- The opinion is expressed that the additional composite strengthening from impregnation of the twisted complex yarn with a binder is obtained as a result of a change in the character of failure of the elementary filaments in the direction of multiple breakages.
KeywordsPolymer Polyurethane Joint Action Semicarbazide Elementary Filament
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. N. Frantsevich and D. M. Karpinos (eds.), Composite Materials of Fibrous Structure [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.S. V. Serepeyan and V. S. Strelyaev, Mekh. Polimerov., No. 3, 466–482 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.B. V. Rozen, Raket. Tekh. Kosmonavt.,2, No. 11, 121–125 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.G. Korten, in: Contemporary Composite Materials [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1970), pp. 130–141.Google Scholar
- 5.B. V. Rosen, in: Fibrous Composite Materials [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Savitskii, B. Ya. Levin, et al., Mekh. Polimerov., No. 5, 925–931 (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.V. P. Tamuzh, M. T. Azarova, et al., Mekh. Polimerov., No. 4, 34–41 (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.A. M. Leskovskii, A. R. Abdushinov, and M. Akhunov, Mekh. Kompoz. Mater., No. 6, 1004–1010 (1984).Google Scholar
- 9.L. E. Gukasyan, Effect of the Fibre-Matrix Interface on Certain Mechanical Properties of Boron-Aluminum [in Russian], Author's Abstract of Candidate's Dissertation, Technical Science, Inst. Steels and Alloys, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 10.V. S. Krivobokov and A. M. Leskovskii, Mekh. Kompoz. Mater., No. 1, 29–35 (1989).Google Scholar
- 11.M. Kh. Shorshorov, L. E. Gukasyan, and A. M. Ustinov, Fiz. Khim. Obrab. Mater., No. 1, 128–133 (1980).Google Scholar
- 12.C. Zurben, Tensile Failure of Fibrous Composites, AIAA S., No. 12, 2325–2331 (1968).Google Scholar
- 13.B. Rozen and É. Fridman, in: Monocrystalline Fibres and Reinforced Materials [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1973), pp. 184–219.Google Scholar
- 14.V. M. Yalovega, L. B. Bazhenov, et al., Akad. Nauk SSSR,284, No. 3, 613–617 (1985).Google Scholar