Some features of indentation creep of LiF single crystals
- 42 Downloads
The dependence of the size of the indentation and dislocation rosettes on loading time was investigated on the (001) plane of LiF single crystals. The measurements were performed in temperature range from room temperature to 170° C. The indentation time was varied from 0.2 to 103 sec. It was revealed that the change of the indentation size during creep was more significant than the change in dislocation ensemble tracks in the field of the concentrated load. It was shown that the dependence of the length of the dislocation rosette edge arms on loading time, when plotting in double logarithmic scale, was linear. This fact allowed the determination of parameterm, characterizing the dependence of the dislocation velocity on stress, using creep experiments. The values ofm proved to be in good agreement with the results obtained by different methods.
KeywordsPolymer Logarithmic Scale Indentation Size Concentrate Load Creep Experiment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. B. Gerk,Phil. Mag. 32 (1975) 355.Google Scholar
- 2.L. M. Soifer, M. G. Buravleva, Z. A. Shegoleva,J. Phys. Ukr. SSR (in Russian)16 (1971) 1107.Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. S. Boyarskaya, “Deformation of crystals in the microindentation testing” (in Russian) Kishinev, Stiintsa, 1972) p. 235.Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. S. Boyarskaya, M. S. Kats, R. P. Zhitaru, M. A. Linte,Kristall und Technik 15 (1980) 1179.Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. S. Boyarskaya, D. Z. Grabko, D. S. Pishkova, “Parameters of plastic deformation of some ionic crystals in uniform and non-uniform stress fields” (in Russian) (Preprint, Kishinev, 1983) p. 17.Google Scholar
- 6.D. Z. Grabko, Yu. S. Boyarskaya, D. S. Pishkova,Cryst. Res. Technol. 19 (1984) 1529.Google Scholar
- 7.J. V. Gridneva, Yu. V. Milman, V. J. Trefilov andS. J. Chugunova,Phys. Status Solidi (a) 54 (1979) 195.Google Scholar
- 8.L. B. Zuev, V. E. Gromov, V. P. Sergeev, O. Ch. Kojogulov, A. Sh. Shalpikov,Informations Acad. Sci. Kirg. SSR N4 (1975) 16 (in Russian).Google Scholar