Side-reactions in the synthesis of poly-m-phenyleneisophthalamide
- 13 Downloads
-- The side reactions which occur during the process of poly-m-phenyleneisophthalamide synthesis have been investigated qualitatively and quantitatively by the liquid-chromatography method.
-- It has been found that the main side reactions are hydrolysis of isophthaloyl chloride in the N,N-dimethyl acetamide medium, reaction of isophthaloyl chloride with N,N-dimethyl acetamide, and also condensation of the isophthaloyl chloride with isophthalic acid.
KeywordsPolymer Chloride Hydrolysis Side Reaction Acetamide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Korshak and V. S. Vinogradova, Nonequilibrium Polycondensation [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.L. B. Sokolov, Bases of Polymer Synthesis by the Polycondensation Method [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Konkin (ed.), Thermo-, Heat-Resistant, and Incombustible Fibres [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.N. S. Ivanova, N. K. Vorob'ev, and T. V. Kulikova, Problems in Kinetics and Catalysis. An Interdisciplinary Collection [in Russian], Ivanovo (1979), pp. 33–36.Google Scholar
- 5.T. I. Podol'skaya, P. V. Smirnov, and N. M. Kvasha, Khim. Volokna, No. 4, 60–62 (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.T. I. Podol'skaya, P. V. Smirnov, N. I. Kuz'min, N. M. Kvasha, A. S. Chegolya, and K. G. Khabarova, Khim. Volokna, No. 4, 9–11 (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.V. M. Savinov and L. B. Sokolov, Vysokomol. Soed.,7, No. 5, 772–777 (1965).Google Scholar
- 8.H. Herlinger, et al., Appl. Polymer Symp.,21, 201–214 (1973).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. B. Ratenberg, V. M. Savinov, L. B. Sokolov, D. P. Mironov, and D. F. Sokolova, Vysokomol. Soed., Ser. A,20, No. 10, 2344–2354 (1978).Google Scholar