Change in polymer supermolecular structure on heat-treatment of technical purpose polyester yarns
By use of low-angle and large-angle x-ray scattering methods on specimens of technical polyethylene terephthalate yarn, it has been shown that:
heat-treatment with additional stretching makes it possible to preserve both the size and the original orientation level of the ordered structural regions of the polymer, with a significant reduction in size and some reduction in orientation of the amorphous sections;
on heat-treatment with an assigned relaxation, the decrease in size of the amorphous sections and the degree of their disorientation are proportional to the assigned “negative stretch”;
if heat-treatment is conducted under isometric conditions, the size of the amorphous sections changes only slightly, but the mean orientation function remains unchanged.
KeywordsPolymer Polyethylene Terephthalate Structural Region Orientation Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. B. Gupta and S. Kumar, J. Appl. Polymer Sci.,26, 1865–1905 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.Z. P. Vysotskaya, M. I. Simonova, and É. M. Aizenshtein, in: Contemporary Problems and Methods of Preparing Synthetic Fibres with New Properties [in Russian], A. S. Chegolya et al. (eds.), VNIIVprokt, VNIISV, KaIinin, (1979), pp. 12–28.Google Scholar
- 3.S. L. Pakshver, S. S. Aleksandriiskii, and E. M. Aizenshtein, Khim. Volokna, No. 1, 43–44 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.W. O. Statton, J. L. Koenig, and M. Hannon, J. Appl. Phys.,41, No. 11, 4290–4295 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.W. O. Statton, J. Polymer Sci., A-2,10, No. 8, 1587–1592 (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.K. Sakurai, K. Miyasaka, and K. Ishikawa, Second International Symposium on Man-Made Fibres, Kalinin (1977), Preprints, Vol. 1, p. 252.Google Scholar
- 7.S. L. Pakshver, T. L. Baranova, É. M. Aizenshtein, et al., Khim. Volokna, No. 2, 37–39 (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.A. G. Korchagin, M. A. Martynov, et al., in: Synthesis, Properties, and Processing of Polyolefins [in Russian], ONPO “Plastopolimer,” Leningrad (1984).Google Scholar
- 9.S. N. Chvalun, V. S. Shirets, et al., Vysokomol. Soed., Ser. A,28, No. 1, 18–24 (1986).Google Scholar