Evaluating the quality of caprolactam from toluene
- 36 Downloads
-- It has been found that the standard indices are necessary but not sufficient for a complete evaluation of the quality of caprolactam intended for the preparation of fibre-forming polycaproamide.
-- The preferability of using a spectrophotometric method involving a color reaction withp-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde to evaluate the content of undesired admixtures of carbonyl compounds not regulated by the All-Union State Standard in caprolactam has been demonstrated.
KeywordsColor Polymer Toluene Carbonyl State Standard
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. E. Nikulina, Candidate's Dissertation, LITLP, Leningrad (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.É. P. Usova, et al., in: The Manufacture of Organic Products [in Russian], Moscow (1982), pp. 43–52.Google Scholar
- 3.N. T. Nikonov, et al., Zh. Prikl. Khim., No. 12, 2760–2765 (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.N. T. Nikonov, et al., Khim. Volokna, No. 1, 29–30 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.East German Patent 13/104 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.W. H. Sharkey and W. E. Mochel, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,81, 3000 (1959).Google Scholar
- 7.J. Kraličck, et al., Chem. Prüm,24, No. 12, 620–624 (1974).Google Scholar