Some observations on the production of polyethylene fibres by the surface growth method
- 60 Downloads
We present the results of a systematic study of the parameters affecting polyethylene fibre production by the surface growth method of Zwijnenburg and Pennings [1–4]. We show that the mass growth is a useful parameter for monitoring the efficiency of fibre production. A method of increasing the production rates several fold is descibed. The mechanical properties of the fibres are reported and are in broad agreement with those previously described by Zwijnenburg and Pennings [1, 2].
KeywordsPolymer Mechanical Property Polyethylene Production Rate Systematic Study
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Zwijnenburg andA. J. Pennings,Colloid and Polymer Sci. 259 (1976) 868.Google Scholar
- 2.A. Zwijnenburg Ph.D. Thesis, University of Groningen (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.A. J. Pennings,J. Polym. Sci, Polymer Symp. 59 (1977) 55.Google Scholar
- 4.A. J. Pennings andJ. Torfs,Colloid and Polymer Sci. 257 (1979) 547.Google Scholar
- 5.P. J. Barham andA. Keller,J. Polymer Sci. Polymer Letters Ed. 17 (1979) 591.Google Scholar
- 6.R. G. C. Arridge, P. J. Barham, C. J. Farrell andA. Keller,J. Mater. Sci. 11 (1976) 788.Google Scholar
- 7.A. G. Coombes andA. Keller,J. Polymer Sci. Polymer Phys. Ed. 17 (1979) 1637.Google Scholar