Physical properties of BeAl2O4 single crystals
- 124 Downloads
Physical properties of Czochralski-grown single crystal BeAl2O4 are reported. Data on hardness, thermal expansion, thermal conductivity, and elastic constants are tabulated as a function of crystallographic orientation. Results indicate that the properties of BeAl2O4 compare favourably with those of Al2O3.
KeywordsPolymer Thermal Conductivity Al2O3 Thermal Expansion Elastic Constant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. F. Farrell and J. H. Fang, J. Amer Ceram. Soc. 47 (1964) 274.Google Scholar
- 2.R. C. Linares, “Research and Development of New Laser Materials,” Final Report (L M7881), Project No. 4645, Task 464502 to the US Air Force Cambridge Research Laboratories by the Perkin Elmer Corporation, AD611177 (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.D. Rykl and J. Bauer, Czech. Patent no. 130191 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Nickl, German Patent no. 1 222477 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Rykl and J. Bauer, Czech. Patent no. 111084 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.R. C. Morris and C. F. Cline, US Patent no. 3 997853.Google Scholar
- 7.W. L. Bragg and G. B. Brown, Z. Kristallogr. 63 (1926) 122.Google Scholar
- 8.R. E. Newnham, E. F. Farrell and J. H. Fang, “Crystal Structure, Synthesis and Magnetic Properties of Chrysoberyl,” Technical Report no. 183, Laboratory for Insultation Research, MIT, (U.S. National Technical Information Service, 1963).Google Scholar
- 9.C. S. Hurlbut, “Dana's Manual of Mineralogy,” 18th Edn. (Wiley, New York, 1971) pp. 298–9.Google Scholar