Solid solution studies in the MgO-LiAlO2 system
- 68 Downloads
Experimental data in the MgO-LiAlO2 system indicates that about 53 wt % LiAlO2 can enter the MgO lattice in solid solution at 1600° C, an increase of 7,5 wt % over the solid solution phase at 1500° C. The data also indicates that the periclase lattice retains about 41% LiAlO2 at temperatures lower than 1400° C. Data indicates that there is probably no solid solution of MgO in LiAlO2. The proposed phase diagram for the MgO-LiAlO2 system is presented with an estimated eutectic composition of 17 wt % MgO-83 wt % LiAlO2 and a melting point of ∼ 1625° C.
KeywordsPolymer Experimental Data Periclase Phase Diagram Solid Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. C. Doman, A. M. Alper, and R. N. McNally, J. Mater. Sci. 3 (1968) 590.Google Scholar
- 2.E. Kordes, L. Kristallogr. Mineralog. Petrogr. 92A (1935) 1939.Google Scholar
- 3.E. Kordes and J. Petzoldt, L. Anorg. Ally. Chem. 335 (1965) 138.Google Scholar
- 4.A. M. Alper, R. N. McNally, P. H. Ribbe, and R. C. Doman, J. Amer. Ceram. Soc. 45 (1962) 263.Google Scholar
- 5.R. N. McNally, F. I. Peters, and P. H. Ribbe, ibid 44 (1961) 491.Google Scholar
- 6.D. W. Strickler and R. Roy, ibid 44 (1961) 225.Google Scholar