Superconducting Nb3Sn diffusion layers
- 27 Downloads
In the present work an experimental apparatus for the production of Nb3Sn superconducting ribbon is described. The fabrication method for these ribbons takes advantage of the diffusion process of tin into niobium. We give also some details of the technique by which the superconducting properties of Nb3Sn have been tested. A number of preliminary experimental results are discussed with the purpose of pointing out the main fabrication parameters which influence the superconducting properties. Finally future developments of this research program are outlined.
KeywordsPolymer Research Program Niobium Diffusion Process Future Development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Pasotti and N. Sacchetti, L'Elettrotecnica (1969) 9.Google Scholar
- 2.O. Smulkowski, Colloque Intern. sur les Champs Magnetiques Intenses, Grenoble (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.M. G. Benz, General Electric Report 66-C-044 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.J. J. Hanak, K. Strater and G. W. Cullen, RCA Rev. 34 (1964) 342.Google Scholar
- 5.C. F. Old and I. Mcphail, J. Mater. Sci. 4 (1969) 202.Google Scholar
- 6.M. V. Ricci, Proc. Intern. School of Applied Physics, Erice (1969); to be published.Google Scholar
- 7.E. R. Schrader, J. Appl. Phys. 40 (1969) 2077.Google Scholar
- 8.J. P. Charlesworth, I. Mcphail, and P. E. Madsen, J. Mater. Sci. 5 (1970) 580.Google Scholar
- 9.K. R. Efferson, Rev. Sci. Instr. 38 (1967) 1776.Google Scholar
- 10.W. Desorbo, Cryogenics 4 (1964) 218.Google Scholar
- 11.J. H. N. Van Vucht, D. J. Van Ooijen, and H. A. C. M. Bruning, Philips Res. Rept. 20 (1965) 136.Google Scholar