Some features of spinning hollow fibres from polycarbonatesiloxane melts
- 31 Downloads
The following parameters have been determined as a result of calculations: fibre tension, solidification path length, and the change along the spinning path of the following: stretching stresses, speed, radius, wall thickness, and fibre temperature.
It has been shown that, with increase in take-up speed, the length of the section of fibre deformation is reduced, varying practically proportionally to the flow rate of the polymer system.
Stability of the process of spinning hollow fibres from polycarbonatesiloxane melts is assured within a narrow range of stretching force.
KeywordsPolymer Assure Wall Thickness Path Length Narrow Range
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Entov, Kh. S. Kestenboim, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekhanika Zhidkosti i Gaza, No. 2, 9–18 (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.Kh.-L. Luo and R. I. Tanner, Polymer Eng. Sci., 25, No. 10, 620–629 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.R. I. Tanner, Engineering Technology, Claredon Press, Oxford (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Kanai and J. L. White, J. Polymer Eng., 5, No. 2, 135–137 (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Kanai, Int. Polymer Proc., 1, No. 3, 137–143 (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.Kh. S. Kestenboim, L. I. Sharchevich, and A. L. Yarin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekhanika Zhidkosti i Gaza, No. 3, 170–178 (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.A. L. Yarin, V. M. Rusinov, et al., Theor. Appl. Mech. (Sofia), No. 1 (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Reitlinger, Permeability of Polymeric Materials [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Noshei and J. McGrath, Block Copolymers [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.G. V. Vinogradov, E. P. Plotnikova, A. Ya. Malkin, et al., Vysokomol. Soed., Ser. A, 20, No. 1, 226–230 (1978).Google Scholar
- 11.V. M. Entov, Dynamics of Films of Viscous and Elastic Liquids [in Russian], Preprint In-ta Problem Mekhaniki Akad. Nauk SSSR, No. 130 (1979).Google Scholar
- 12.V. M. Entov, Arch. Mech. Stosow, 34, No. 4, 395–407 (1982).Google Scholar
- 13.A. Zyabitskii, Theoretical Bases of Fibre Spinning [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar