A study of the thermodynamics of precipitation of a polyheteroarylene using low-molecular models
- 25 Downloads
On the basis of colloid-chemical, thermodynamic, and spectral studies of the process of precipitation of PBITA and its low-molecular analogs, models have been constructed of the solvation phenomena in precipitation of PBITA.
Types of complexes and their behavior in polymer (or model)—solvent—electrolyte systems in the presence of a precipitant have been examined.
It has been found that the benzamide unit is responsible for the precipitation of the models and of PBITA.
Values of the thermodynamic characteristics of precipitation of the models have been discussed; these additionally support an effect of precipitation mixture composition on precipitate morphology.
KeywordsPolymer Precipitation Spectral Study Thermodynamic Characteristic Benzamide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. A. V. Batler, J. Chem. Soc., 674–686 (1933).Google Scholar
- 2.M. M. Iovleva, G. E. Prozorova, V. N. Smirnova, and S. P. Papkov, Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A, 23, 2092 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Tager, Physical Chemistry of Polymers [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1978), p. 34.Google Scholar
- 4.T. A. Romanova, L. M. Levites, M. V. Shablygin, M. N. Bogdanov, and G. I. Kudryavtsev, Khim. Volokna No. 2, 27–31 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.I. Dekhant, R. Dants, V. Kimmer, and R. Shmol'ke, The Infrared Spectroscopy of Polymers [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.L. A. Kazitsina and N. B. Kupletskaya, Application of UV-, IR-, and NMR-Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. N. Chirgadze, IR spectra and Structure of Polypeptides and Proteins [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 8.T. L. Khrenova, O. S. Karchmarchik, Yu. V. Kondrat'ev, and S. D. Ershov, Summaries of Reports at the All-Union Scientific and Technical Conference “Theory and Practice of Spinning Man-made Fibres” [in Russian], Mytishchi, (1983), p. 62.Google Scholar
- 9.Summaries of the Reports at the Twentieth Scientific Conference of IVS of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, “Chemistry and Physics of High-molecular Compounds,” [in Russian], Leningrad (1983), p. 5.Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. I. Mitchenko, T. I. Lebedeva, and R. F. Tsiperman, Vysokomol. Soedin, Ser. A, 24, No. 12, 2542 (1984).Google Scholar