Dislocation etch pits in zinc selenide
- 81 Downloads
It is shown that triangular etch pits are produced at the points of emergence of dislocation lines on the (111) zinc faces of single crystals of zinc selenide. Conical etch pits can be produced on the (¯1¯1¯1) selenium faces with a solution of one part HCl to three parts HNO3. Etch patterns produced following indentation confirm the identity of the etch pits. Triangular etch figures which are associated with stacking fault tetrahedra have also been observed.
KeywordsPolymer Zinc Selenium HNO3 Selenide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. F. Burr and J. Woods, J. Mater. Sci. 6 (1971) 1007.Google Scholar
- 2.A. Sagar, W. Lehmann, and J. W. Faust, J. Appl. Phys. 39 (1968) 5336.Google Scholar
- 3.G. R. Booker and R. Stickler, ibid 33 (1962) 328.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Mendelson, ibid 35 (1964) 1570.Google Scholar
- 5.E. P. Warekois, M. C. Lavine, A. N. Mariano, and H. C. Gatos, ibid 33 (1962) 690.Google Scholar
- 6.R. J. Stokes, T. L. Johnston, and C. H. Li, Phil. Mag. 3 (1959) 1718.Google Scholar