Effect of twist on the breaking characteristics of polyaramide fibres and of reinforced plastics based on them
- 26 Downloads
Twisting polyaramide yarns to a twist value which does not exceed a critical one leads to a significant increase in their breaking load and a decrease in the coefficient of variation.
A rise in the breaking stress of microcomposites based on polyaramides is observed which is proportional to the rise in strength of the yarns. In the twist region from 50 to 60 twists/m, an increase in strength realization from yarns of linear density 58.8 tex is ensured as compared with specimens from untwisted yearns; this is 11% on the average.
KeywordsPolymer Linear Density Breaking Load Breaking Stress Strength Realization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Khim. Volokna, No. 1, 76 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.G. A. Budnitskii, Khim. Volokna, No. 2, 14 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.K. E. Perepelkin and Z. Yu. Chereiskii, Mekh. Polim., No. 6, 1005 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Usenko, Silk Twisting [in Russian], Legkaya i Pischevaya Promst., Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.G. V. Solkov, Theory of Twisting Fibrous Materials [in Russian] (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.D. Sterzhen and T. Leisi, in: Fillers for Composite Fibrous Materials [in Russian], Moscow (1981), pp. 596–649.Google Scholar
- 7.R. E. Wilfong and J. Zimmerman, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., Appl. Polymer Symp., No. 31, 1–21 (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.A. S. Andreev, K. E. Perepelkin, and S. T. Slavinskii, Mekh. Kompoz. Mater., No. 2, 195–200 (1980).Google Scholar