Calculation of plastic strain ratio from the texture of cubic metal sheet
- 126 Downloads
A simple method is presented for calculating the plastic strain ratio from crystallographic texture based on ideal sheet textures. The R values for several f c c and b c c metals were calculated as a function of angle to the rolling direction using this method. The agreement between calculated and measured R values was satisfactory.
KeywordsSlip System Steel Sheet Pole Figure Thickness Direction Texture Component
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. F. Hosford, Jr and W. A. Backofen, Fundamentals of Deformation Processing, Proceedings of the 9th Sagamore Conference, Syracuse, New York (Syracuse University Press, 1964), p. 259.Google Scholar
- 2.R. W. Vieth and R. L. Whiteley, IDDRG Colloquium (Institute of Sheet Metal Engineering, London, 1964).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Fukuda, Trans. Iron Steel Inst. Jpn. 8 (1964) 68.Google Scholar
- 4.B. Perovic and Z. Karastojkovic, Metals Technol. 7 (February, 1980) 79.Google Scholar
- 5.D. N. Lee, J. Korean Inst. Metals 20 (1982) 586.Google Scholar
- 6.Y. K. Kim, PhD Thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea (August, 1984).Google Scholar
- 7.J. H. Chung and D. N. Lee, J. Korean Inst. Metals 22 (1984) 388.Google Scholar
- 8.B. H. Hahn and H. S. Kwon, ibid. 18 (1980) 521.Google Scholar