Effect of the polymer matrix on the properties of fibres prepared by sintering polymer dispersions
- 18 Downloads
An approximate estimate is given for the volume of the pores which arise on a statistically dense packing of spherical particles with a known radius distribution, as applicable to processes of preparing fibres from polymer dispersions in a polymer-thickener medium.
The dependence of the physicomechanical properties of polytetrafluoroethylene fibres on the ratio between the original volume of the cellulose matrix and the volume of the pores which arise on packing the disperse particles of Teflon has been shown. An abrupt decrease in the maximum stretch ratio and in fibre strength is connected with the fact that an excess of cellulose hinders the process of sintering the polytetrafluoroethylene particles and increases the number of defects in the fibre structure.
KeywordsCellulose Polymer Matrix Spherical Particle Disperse Particle Polytetrafluoroethylene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. B. Sigal and T. N. Koziorova, Synthetic Fibres from Polymer Dispersions [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.V. Ya. Varshavskii, in: Carbochain Synthetic Fibres [in Russian], K. E. Perepelkin, ed., Khimiya, Moscow (1973), pp. 455–490.Google Scholar
- 3.E. Ya. Sorokin, T. S. Dorutina, G. S. Dreizenshtok, K. E. Perepelkin, et al., Third International Symposium on Man-Made Fibres, Kalinin, 1981 [in Russian], Preprints, Vol. 5, pp. 83–90.Google Scholar
- 4.G. S. Dreizenshtok, A. É. Gal', E. Ya. Sorokin, and K. E. Perepelkin, Khim. Volokna, No. 3, 33–34 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.V. Ya. Varshavskii, Candidate's Dissertation, VNIIVproekt, Mytishchi (1968), pp. 62–68.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Kendall and P. Moran, Geometrical Probability, Hafner (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Chernykh, in: Constructional Materials Based on Graphite [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1971), pp. 16–27.Google Scholar