Improvement of magnetic properties of electrical steels using a surface diffusion technique
- 54 Downloads
The preceding paper described the general process by which the magnetic properties of electrical steels can be improved by a surface diffusion technique. This paper describes detailed effects of adding aluminium or silicon to non-oriented and grain-oriented silicon-iron. The addition of silicon proved more difficult and surface porosity tended to increase the power loss of grain-oriented steel whereas a paste containing aluminium powder was effective on all the materials although it was found that the powder size was critical. A reduction of 10% at 1.5 T in well oriented silicon-iron was achieved using the aluminium powder and an improvement in stress sensitivity of the magnetic properties also resulted.
KeywordsPolymer Aluminium Silicon Porosity Magnetic Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. J. Moses and G. J. Thursby J. Mater. Sci. 18 (1983) 1650.Google Scholar
- 2.H. K. Ihrig, Met. Prog. 33 (1938) 367.Google Scholar
- 3.S. L. Ames, G. L. Houze and W. R. Bitter, J. Appl. Phys. 40 (1970) 1577.Google Scholar
- 4.G. Couderchon, thesis, Grenoble (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.A. J. Moses and D. Davies, IEEE Trans. Mag. vMAG-16 (1980) 454.Google Scholar