The microstructure and deformation of model ABS compounds
Model ABS compounds have been used to investigate the effect of graft frequency and rubber particle size on microstructure and mechanical properties. Graft frequency was found to have a marked effect on the microstructure of ABS polymers and increasing the graft frequency resulted in an improvement in the dispersion of the rubber phase.
KeywordsPolymer Particle Size Microstructure Mechanical Property Rubber
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. J. Dillon and M. Bevis, J. Mater. Sci. 17 (1982) 1895.Google Scholar
- 2.J. Stabenow and F. Haf, Ang. Makromol. Chem. 29/30 No. 359 (1973) 1.Google Scholar
- 3.M. G. Huguet and T. R. Paxton, ACS Polymer Preprints 12 (1971) 492.Google Scholar
- 4.C. G. Bragaw, Adv. Chem. Ser. 99 (1971) 86.Google Scholar
- 5.P. Beahan, A. Thomas and M. Bevis, J. Mater. Sci. 11 (1976) 1207.Google Scholar
- 6.D. Lee, ibid. 10 (1975) 661.Google Scholar
- 7.C. B. Bucknall, D. Clayton and W. E. Keast, ibid. 7 (1972) 1443.Google Scholar
- 8.M. R. Grancio, Polymer Eng. Sci. 12 (1972) 213.Google Scholar
- 9.M. R. Grancio, A. A. Bibeau and G. C. Clover, ibid. 12 (1972) 450.Google Scholar