Quasiclassical approximation in the kinetics of diffusion-limited reactions
- 16 Downloads
An analytic study has been performed on the stationary equation for quenching kinetics in electrolyte solutions. The equations are solved in the quasiclassical approximation (WCB approximation). The effective quenching radius and rate constant have been derived for the dipole-dipole mechanism with a Coulomb interaction potential. The method enables one to determine the effective radius for the interaction of higher multipoles, while also allowing one to analyze the time course of the rate constant as affected by the interaction potential for the component particles.
KeywordsInteraction Potential Analytic Study Stationary Equation Electrolyte Solution Coulomb Interaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. N. Tunitskii, Diffusion and Random Processes [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.A. B. Doktorov, A. A. Kipriyanov, and A. I. Burshtein, “Excitation quenching in electrolyte solutions. Part 1. A Repulsive Coulomb potential,” Opt.Spektr., 45, No. 3, 497–504 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.A. B. Doktorov, A. A. Kipriyanov, and A. I. Burshtein, “Excitation quenching in electrolyte solutions. Part 2. An attractive Coulomb potential,” ibid., 45, No. 4, 684–690 (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.M. V. Fedoryuk, Asymptotic Methods for Linear Ordinary Differential Equations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.F. Heisel and J. A. Miehe, “Intermolecular transfer and quenching of electronic excitation energy in fluid solutions. Interpretation of experimental data with a diffusion model including distance-dependent interaction,” J. Chem. Phys., 77, No. 5, 2558–2569 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.F. Olver, Introduction to Asymptotic Methods and Special Functions [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Chandrasekar, Stochastic Problems in Physics and Astronomy [Russian translation], Izd. Inostr. Let., Moscow (1947).Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Rice, P. R. Butler, M. J. Philling, and J. K. Baird, “A solution of the Debye-Smoluchowski equation for the rate of reaction of ions in dilute solution,” J. Chem. Phys., 70, No. 9, 4001–4007 (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Belyi and A. F. El'kind, “Solving the Smoluchowski equation in the quasiclassical approximation,” Khim. Fiz., 5, No. 6, 762–767 (1986).Google Scholar