Characteristics of the “strong metal-carrier interaction” using the example of influence of vanadium oxide on catalytic activity of platinum metals in CO hydrogenation
- 19 Downloads
The specific catalytic activities of metals M (M = Ru, Rh, Pd, Ir, Pt) in the hydrogenation of CO change under the influence of vanadium oxide addition. The nature of the change is determined by the ability of M to donate electrons to the oxide or to take them from the oxide. The higher the electron donor capacity the greater the degree to which the bond between CO and the M surface is weakened and the higher the catalytic activity.
KeywordsOxide Hydrogenation Platinum Catalytic Activity Vanadium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. I. Il'chenko, Yu. I. Shmyrko, and G. I. Golodets, “Hydrogenation of carbon monoxide on platinum metals,” Teor. Éksp. Khim., 24, No. 1, 75–81 (1988).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Slinkin, Structure and Catalytic Properties of Deposited Metals [in Russian] (Itogi Nauki i Tekh. Kinetika i Cataliz (VINITI), Moscow (1982), p. 244.Google Scholar
- 3.N. I. Il'chenko and V. A. Yuza, “Investigations of the influence of small additions of platinum on the kinetics of reduction and oxidation of vanadium oxides,” Katal. Katalizat., No. 2, 118–132 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.N. I. Il'chenko, V. A. Yuza, and V. A. Roiter, “Influence of small additions of platinum on the catalytic activity of vanadium pentoxide and oxidation of hydrogen,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 172, No. 1, 133–136 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.G. I. Golodets, “Mechanism and kinetics of CO hydrogenation on metals,” Teoret i Éksper. Khim., 21, No. 5, 549–553 (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.G. I. Golodets, N. V. Pavlenko, and A. I. Tripol'skii, “Certain general characteristics of carbon monoxide hydrogenation on metals,” Kinet. Katal., 28, No. 4, 888–895 (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Efremov, Yu. D. Pankratiev, A. A. Davydov, and G. K. Boreskov, “Heats of formation of π-complexes of ethylene, propylene, and carbonyl complexes with Ti, Co, Ni, Zn, Ag, and Ag cations on oxide catalysts,” React. Kinet. Catal. Lett., 20, Nos. 1/2, 87–91 (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Davydov, IR-Spectroscopy and Chemistry of Surface Oxides [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1984), p. 248.Google Scholar
- 9.G. I. Golodets, Heterogeneous Catalytic Reactions with Participation of Molecular Oxygen [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1977), p. 360.Google Scholar
- 10.G. V. Samsonov, Physicochemical Properties of the Elements [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1965), p. 808.Google Scholar