Electrophilic trichloromethylation of some halogenated thiophenes
- 75 Downloads
The electrophilic trichloromethylation of 3-chloro-, 3-bromo-, and 3,4-dibromothiophene was studied. It is shown that reaction is directed towards position 2, accompanied by frequent formation of the corresponding substituted di-(2-thienyl)dichloromethane. Trichloromethylation of β-bromothiophenes is complicated by exchange of chlorine for bromine under the reaction conditions.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Chlorine Dichloromethane Bromine Thiophene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. I. Belen'kii, G. P. Gromova, and M. M. Krayushkin, Gazz. Chim. Ital., 120, 365 (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.S. Conde, G. Corral, R. Madroneso, and A. Sanches, Synthesis, No. 6, 412 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.L. I. Belen'kii, G. P. Gromova, and Ya. L. Gold'farb, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 11, 1464 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.B. Roques, M.-Cl. Zaluski, and M. Dutheil, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, No. 1, 238 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.D. J. Chadwick, J. Chambers, G. D. Meakins, and R. L. Snowden, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. I, No. 16, 1766 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.B.-P. Roques, M.-Cl. Fournie-Zaluski, and R. Oberlin, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, No. 9–10, Pt. 2, 2334 (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Gronowitz, Arkiv Kemi, 16, 267 (1960).Google Scholar
- 8.D. J. Chadwick, J. Chambers, G. D. Meakins, and R. L. Snowden, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. I, No. 16, 1766 (1973).Google Scholar
- 9.B. Decroix, J. Morel, C. Paulmier, and P. Pastour, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, No. 5, 1848 (1972).Google Scholar
- 10.S.-O. Lawesson, Arkiv Kemi, 11, 373 (1957).Google Scholar