The vicarious intramolecular substitution reactions. I. Synthesis of condensed indolizines based on 2-quinoxalylacetonitriles
- 48 Downloads
The interaction of α-substituted 2-(3-chloro)quinoxalylacetonitriles with azines to give condensed indolizino [2,3-b]quinoxalines has been studied. A mechanism for the reaction has been proposed which includes an intramolecular vicarious substitution of hydrogen in the azolium salt nucleus. The limits of utility of the reaction have been determined and some chemical properties of the compounds synthesized have been studied.
KeywordsHydrogen Organic Chemistry Chemical Property Azolium Substitution Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Makosha. Usp. Khim., 58, No. 8, 1298 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Makosha (Makosza). Acc. Chem. Res., 20(8), 282 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. M. Volovenko, S. V. Litvinenko, and F. S. Babichev. Dokl. Akad. Nauk Ukr. SSR, Ser. B, No. 4, 37 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. M. Volovenko, S. V. Litvinenko, V. I. Savich, and F. S. Babichev. Dokl. Akad. Nauk Ukr. SSR, Ser. B, No. 1, 96 (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.E. R. Pratt and J. C. Keresztesi, J. Org. Chem., 32, No. 1, 9 (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Shriner, R. Fuson, and T. Morrel, Identification of Organic Compounds [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.P. Sammes (ed.), General Organic Chemistry [Russian translation], Vol. 8, Khimiya, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 8.E. V. Ganke and B. Zwaneburg. Synthesis, 8, 519 (1975).Google Scholar
- 9.R. B. Fox and D. L. Venezky. J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 78, No. 7–8, 1662 (1956).Google Scholar