Synthesis and recyclization of 6-benzyl-3a,4,5,6,7,7a-hexahydro-3a-hydroxy-7a-methyl-2-thioxo-5-phenyloxazolo[5,4-c]pyridines
- 25 Downloads
The corresponding oxazolo[5,4-c]pyridines were obtained in the reaction of stereoisomeric 1-benzyl-3-hydroxy-3-methyl-6-phenyl-4-piperidines with potassium thiocyanate in acetic acid and rearranged into 6-benzyl-5,6,7,8-tetrahydro-1-methyl-3-thioxo-7-phenyloxazolo[3,4-c]pyrimidine by boiling in o-xylene. It was shown that the rearrangement is reversible.
KeywordsAcetic Potassium Acetic Acid Organic Chemistry Pyridine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. F. Kucherova, L. N. Borisova, N. M. Sharkova, and V. A. Zagorevskii, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 9, 1219 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.J. B. Ball, J. B. Bremner, and E. J. Browne, Heterocycles, 26, 1573 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.N. S. Prostakov, A. V. Varlamov, A. A. Fomichev, N. D. Sergeeva, T. N. Borisova, and Annan Khusein, in: Proceedings of the IV All-Union Conference on the Chemistry of Nitrogen-containing Heterocyclic Compounds [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1987), p. 190.Google Scholar
- 4.G. V. Pshenichnyi, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 6, 855 (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.R. A. Schnettler, G. P. Claxton, and W. D. J. Jones, EP No. 222,358; Chem. Abstr., 107, 115579 (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.L. S. Stanishevskii, I. G. Tishchenko, and A. M. Zvonok, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 5, 670 (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.J. March, Advanced Organic Chemistry, 3rd ed., Wiley, New York (1985) [Russian translation, Vol. 3, Mir, Moscow (1987), p. 335].Google Scholar