Shapes of ESR lines in magnetically dilute solids. Part 2
- 14 Downloads
ESR line shapes arising by spin-lattice interaction have been examined for magnetically dilute solids; it is found that the finite mean free path for phonons in a real crystal for S=1/2 implies that Bloch's phenomenological equations are applicable, which give the line a Lorentz shape. The secular terms in the spin-lattice interaction for an ideally harmonic crystal give rise to a narrow line of nearly δ-function form at the center and gaussian shape at the flanks.
KeywordsFree Path Line Shape Narrow Line Gaussian Shape Secular Term
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. V. Aleksandrov, Teor. Eksp. Khim., vol. 1, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.V. S. Pugachev, Theory of Random Functions and its Application to Automatic Control [in Russian], GITTL, Moscow, 1957.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Kubo, K. Tomita, J. Phys. Soc. Japan, vol. 9, 888, 1954.Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Abragam, Nuclear Magnetism [in Russian], GITTL, Moscow, 1957.Google Scholar
- 5.F. Bloch, Phys. Rev., vol. 70, 460, 1946.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Wangness, F. Bloch, Phys. Rev., vol. 89, 728, 1953.Google Scholar
- 7.D. Zaiman, Electrons and Phonons [Russian translation], IL, Moscow, 1962.Google Scholar
- 8.N. N. Korst, Dissertation, Institute of Chemical Physics, 1963.Google Scholar