N-phenylisonaphthalimide. Structure of the product of the reaction of 1,8-naphthaloyl chloride with aniline
- 28 Downloads
It is shown that N-phenylisonaphthalimide rather than N-phenylnaphthalimide, as previously assumed, is formed in the reaction of 1,8-naphthaloyl chloride with aniline.
KeywordsChloride Organic Chemistry Aniline
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.F. L. Mason, J. Chem. Soc., 125, 2116 (1924).Google Scholar
- 2.É. V. Ganin, V. F. Anikin, B. V. Rozynov, V. F. Makarov, and G. L. Kamalov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 9, 1280 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.B. A. Porai-Koshits, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 7, 604 (1937).Google Scholar
- 4.M. K. Hargreaves, J. G. Pritchard, and H. R. Dave, Chem. Rev., 70, 439 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.M. L. Sherrill, F. L. Shaeffer, and E. P. Shover, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 50, 474 (1928).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1986