Synthesis of 2-aryloxy-4,6-bis(4-carboxyphenyl)-sym-triazines and their chlorides
- 46 Downloads
The peculiarities of the reaction of some substituted (in the benzene ring) 2,4-dichloro-6-aryloxy-sym-triazines with toluene under the conditions of the Friedel-Crafts reaction were investigated. Methods for the synthesis of 2-arloxy-4,6-bis(4-carboxyphenyl)-sym-triazines and their chlorides were developed. Cleavage of the ether bond to give a dihydro-sym-triazine structure occurs in the case of 2,4-dichloro-6-benzyloxy-sym-triazine.
KeywordsEther Chloride Benzene Organic Chemistry Toluene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.É. S. Avanesyan, V. N. Zaplishnyi, and G. M. Pogosyan, Arm. Zh., 31, 627 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Zaplishnyi, É. S. Avanesyan, and G. M. Pogosyan, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 4, 558 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Bellamy, New Data on the IR spectra of Molecules [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1971), p. 134.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Gordon and R. Ford, A Chemist's Companion, Wiley (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.I. A. Asaturyan, Master's Dissertation, Yerevan (1980), p. 36.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Hirt, H. Nidecker, and R. Berchtold, Helv. Chim. Acta, 33, 1367 (1955).Google Scholar
- 7.Calvin N. Wolf, U.S. Patent No. 2824823; Chem. Abstr., 52, 9508 (1958).Google Scholar
- 8.H. Koopman, J. H. Unlenbroek, H. H. Haeck, J. Daams, and M. J. Koopman, Rec. Trav. Chim., 78, 967 (1959).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Weissberger, A. Proskauer, G. Riddick, and A. Toops, Organic Solvents, Interscience (1955).Google Scholar