Research on benz[c,d]indolin-2-one derivatives. Bromination of benz[c,d]indolin-2-onecarboxylic acids
- 49 Downloads
It was experimentally observed that electrophilic substitution in, respectively, the 6 and 8 positions or the 8 position occurs when a carboxy group is present in the peri positions (in the 5 or 6 position) of benz[c,d]indolin-2-one. When two carboxy groups are simultaneously present in the 5 and 6 positions or when there is one carboxy group in the 6 position and a bromo substituent in the 5 position, the carboxy group is readily replaced by bromine. The electronic structures and reactivities of benz[c,d]indolin-2-one derivatives were investigated by spectroscopy and quantum chemistry.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Organic Chemistry Peri Bromine Quantum Chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. I. Bystritskii and S. V. Ovsyannikova, Zh. Org. Khim., 15, 2577 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.G. I. Bystritskii, G. N. Vorozhtsov, N. S. Dokunikhin, and S. V. Ovsyannikova, Zh. Org. Khim., 11, 1731 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Stroll, T. Petrzilka, and J. Rutsman, Helv. Chim. Acta, 33, 2254 (1950).Google Scholar
- 4.R. N. Nurmukhametov, N. L. Belaits, and D. N. Shigorin, Zh. Fiz., Khim., 43, 869 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.N. L. Belaits, R. N. Nurmukhametov, D. N. Shigorin, and G. I. Bystritskii, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 43, 1673 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.G. N. Rodionova, L. N. Mova, G. N. Vorozhtsov, S. V. Ovsyannikova, and G. I. Bystritskii, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 55, 1760 (1981).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Dewar, Molecular Orbital Theory of Organic Chemistry, McGraw-Hill (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.G. N. Kagan, V. A. Kosobutskii, V. K. Belyakov, and O. G. Tarakanov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 6, 794 (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. A. Kruglyak, G. G. Dyadyusha, V. A. Kuprievich, L. M. Podol'skaya, and G. N. Kagan, Methods for the Calculation of the Electronic Structures and Spectra of Molecules [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1969).Google Scholar