2-Benzopyrylium salts. 26. Recyclization of 2-benzopyrylium salts to α-naphthols
- 45 Downloads
The behavior of 2-benzopyrylium salts with a CH2 group in the 1 position at pH ⩽ 7 was studied, and it was established that they undergo recyclization to α-naphthols under these conditions. A mechanism for the conversion is proposed. One of the intermediates, viz., 3-hydroxy-1-tetralone, was isolated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. P. Safaryan, I. V. Shcherbakova, G. N. Dorofeenko, and E. V. Kuznetsov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 12, 1608 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.A. T. Balaban, E. Romas, and C. C. Rentia, Tetrahedron, No. 22, 1 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Yu. Ukhin, Zh. I. Orlova, V. I. Il'in, A. I. Pyshchev, and G. N. Dorofeenko, Koord. Khim., No. 5, 772 (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Strzelecka, Ann. Chim., No. 1, 201 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Vaida and F. Ruff, Acta Chim. Hung., 40, 225 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Williams, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 93, 2733 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.A. F. Rekasheva, Usp. Khim., 37, 2272 (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.E. V. Kuznetsov, D. V. Pruchkin, A. I. Pyshchev, and G. N. Dorofeenko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 10, 1320 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.E. V. Kuznetsov, I. V. Shcherbakova, and G. N. Dorofeenko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 6, 745 (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.R. S. Sagitullin, S. P. Gromov, and A. N. Kost, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 236, 6347 (1977).Google Scholar