A mixed 3D finite element for modelling thick plates
- 98 Downloads
Based on the Hellinger-Reissner variational principle, we formulate a mixed 3-d finite element for plate bending. This element is used to model thick plates and alleviates the problem of shear-locking in plates with large length/thickness ratios. The computer code which was used here, is available.
KeywordsThick Plate Plate Theory Uniform Mesh Mixed Finite Element Rank Deficiency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Asch, M.; Bercovier, M.: Mixed finite elements with optimal order projections. In preparationGoogle Scholar
- Asch, M.; Bercovier, M. (1993): Mix-3d—a mixed finite element code for modelling thick plates. Technical Report 6 (February), Leibniz Institute of Computer Science, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Givat-Ram, IsraelGoogle Scholar
- Harder, R. L. (1985): Review of the MacNeil-Harder linear static test problems. Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 1(1)Google Scholar
- Hughes, T. J. R. (1987): The finite element method: Linear static and dynamic finite element analysis Prentice-Hall, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Zienkiewicz, O. C. (1977): The Finite Element Method, 3rd edition. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar