Investigation of nitrogen-containing heterocyclic free radicals
- 39 Downloads
Dimers of 4(5)-phenyl-5(4)-β-naphthyl-2-phenyl-substituted imidazolyl radicals were synthesized in order to study the effect of a β-naphthyl group on the stability of triaryl-imidazolyl radicals, and the rate constants and energies of activation for dissociation of the dimers were determined. The presence of a β-naphthyl group in the bistriarylimid-azolyl molecule facilitates its dissociation into radicals as compared with bistriphenyl-imidazolyl.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Free Radical Imidazolyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. S. Tanaseichuk, A. A. Bardina, and V. A. Maksakov, Zh. Organ. Khim., 7, 1508 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Bardina, B. S. Tanaseichuk, and A. A. Khomenko, Zh. Organ. Khim., 7, 1267 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.T. S. Tanaseichuk, K. V. Stanovkina, A. N. Sunin, and L. G. Rezepova, Zh. Organ. Khim., 5, 2054 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.B. S. Tanaseichuk and L. G. Rezepova, Zh. Organ. Khim., 6, 1065 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.D. M. White and J. Sonnenberg, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 88, 3825 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Goldschmidt and K. Renn, Ber., 55, 628 (1922).Google Scholar