Research on lactams
- 26 Downloads
The reaction of O-phenylhydroxylamine hydrochloride with α-oxocaprolactam gave α-oxocaprolactam O-phenyloxime, which gave two substances -1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-pyrido[2,3-c]coumarin as the principal product and 1-oxo-10a-hydroxy-1H-2,3,4,5, 5a,10a-hexahydrobenzofuro[2,3-c]azepine as the minor product — under the conditions of the Fischer reaction. The minor product was converted to 1-oxo-1H-2,3, 4,5-tetrahydrobenzofuro[2,3-c]azepine in quantitative yield by dehydration in trifluoroacetic acid.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Dehydration Hydrochloride Coumarin Trifluoroacetic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. G. Glushkov and T. V. Stezhko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 9, 1252 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.I. I. Grandberg and V. I. Sorokin, Usp. Khim., 43, No. 2, 266 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.N. F. Kucherov, L. A. Aksanova, L. M. Sharkova, and V. A. Zagorevskii, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 2, 149 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Smirnova, N. A. Novitskaya, and R. G. Glushkov, Khim.-Farm. Zh., No. 6, 14 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.F. W. Linch, J. Chem. Soc., 1758 (1912).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Appel, J. Chem. Soc., 1031 (1935).Google Scholar