Synthesis and properties of 1,2,2,6,6-pentamethyl-3,5-dimethylene-4-piperidone
- 32 Downloads
1,2,2,6,6-Pentamethyl-3,5-dimethylene-4-piperidone was synthesized, whereas analogous compounds in the 4-piperidone series could not be isolated. An unusual reaction of the compound obtained with primary aliphatic amines, consisting of successive addition of the amine at the C=C bonds, with a possible formation of an intermediate bicyclic adduct and further elimination of methylamine, was detected.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Adduct Methylamine Aliphatic Amine Successive Addition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. V. Sokolov, V. N. Khokhlov, and N. G. Permitina, Vestn. Akad. Nauk Kaz. SSR, No. 10, 63 (1958).Google Scholar
- 2.A. B. Shapiro, V. P. Ivanov, and É. G. Rozantsev, USSR Patent No. 475362; Byull. Izobr., No. 24, 55 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.A. B. Shapiro, V. P. Ivanov, O. M. Khvostach, and É. G. Rozantsev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 7, 1688 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.H. L., Goering, P. W. Creiner, and M. F. Sloan, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 83, 1391 (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.N. Bhacca and D. Williams, Applications of NMR Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry, Holden-Day (1964).Google Scholar