Bromination of 1-alkyl-2-pyridones
- 69 Downloads
The corresponding monobromides were obtained in the bromination of 1-alkyl-2-pyridones with bonded bromine (with N-bromosuccinimide and dioxane dibromide). The conditions under which the yields of the mixtures of isomers were 60–80%, and almost no dibromides were obtained, were found. It was established that the ratios of the 3- and 5-bromo isomers depend on the character of the brominating agent.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Dioxane Bromine Dibromide Monobromides
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Fisher and J. Chur, J. Prakt. Chem., 93, 363 (1916).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Babcock and S. Fuson, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 55, 2946 (1933).Google Scholar
- 3.A. E. Chichibabin and A. F. Egorova, Zh. Russk. Fiz. Khim. Ova., 60, 683 (1928).Google Scholar
- 4.N. P. Shusherina and T. I. Likhomanova, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 10, 1374 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.V. P. Zvolinskii, Master's Dissertation, Patrice Lumumba People's Friendship University, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.N. P. Shusherina, T. I. Likhomanova, and E. V. Adamskaya, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 1, 72 (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.C. Räth, Annalen, 486, 71 (1931).Google Scholar
- 8.H. Decker and A. Kaufmann, J. Prakt. Chem., , 84, 425 (1911).Google Scholar
- 9.F. M. Saidova, V. Sh. Binchkauskas, S. G. Khorev, and É. Ya. Enikeev, Zh. Org. Khim., 17, 413 (1981).Google Scholar