Mass spectra of derivatives of benzaldehyde selenazolylhydrazones
- 111 Downloads
The mass spectra of benzaldehyde selenazolylhydrazones Ia-d and benzaldehyde selenazolidenehydrazones II and III were studied. Splitting out of benzonitrile as a result of a rearrangement of the McLafferty type is characteristic for the fragmentation of the M+ ions of Ia-d. The subsequent fragmentation of the M — C6H5CN ion occurs due to ejection of the SeH group or a molecule of carbodiimide from the selenazole ring or due to cleavage of ring side substituents. The principal fragments in the mass spectra of II and III are formed as a result of the ejection of groups of SeH and SeCHCO atoms.
KeywordsMass Spectrum Organic Chemistry Benzaldehyde Carbodiimide Benzonitrile
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Tsurkan, Z. I. Popova, and D. A. Kulikova, Khim.-Farm. Zh., No. 11, 54 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Tsurkan, Z. F. Gromova, É. F. Lavretskaya, E. G. Kvartnikova, and N. I. Zakharova, USSR Inventor's Certificate No. 627130; Byull. Izobret., No. 37, 99 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.I. G. Zenkevich, V. A. Isidorov, and B. F. Ioffe, Zh. Org. Khim., 14, 1362 (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.J. B. Stanley, D. F. Brown, V. J. Senn, and F. G. Dollear, J. Food Sci., 40, 1134 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.W. D. Craw, I. L. Occolowitz, and R. K. Solli, Aust. J. Chem., 21, 761 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.K. G. Das, P. S. Kulkarni, and C. A. Chinchwadkar, Indian J. Chem., No. 7, 140 (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.N. P. Buu-Hoi, M. Mangane, M. Renson, and L. Christiaens, J. Chem. Soc., B, 8, 971 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.E. Voigt and H. Meier, Tetrahedron, 28, 187 (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Tsurkan, Farm. Zh., 30, 82 (1975).Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Groshev, Master's Dissertation, Leningrad (1976).Google Scholar