Synthesis of thiirane oximes from 3,4-dibromo-3-methyl-2-butanone oxime
- 32 Downloads
2-(α-Oximinoethyl)-2-methylthiirane was obtained by the reaction of 3,4-dibromo-3-methyl-2-butanone oxime with sodium sulfide. At the same time, the O-carbamoyl derivative of the α,β-dibromo oxime was converted to the corresponding substituted α,β-unsaturated oxime under the same conditions. Thiirane oxime, like its O-carbamoyl derivative, underwent the desulfuration that is characteristic for thirranes under the influence of tributylphosphine.
KeywordsSodium Sulfide Organic Chemistry Oxime Sodium Sulfide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Fokin and A. F. Kolomiets, The Chemistry of Thiiranes [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Dornow and H. D. Jordan, Chem. Ber., 94, 76 (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Hine and W. H. Brader, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 77, 361 (1955).Google Scholar
- 4.V. P. Tashchi, A. F. Rukasov, Yu. A. Baskakov, Yu. G. Putsykin, V. V. Negrebetskii, and L. Ya. Bogel'fer, Zh. Vses. Khim. Ova., 24, No. 6, 654 (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.O. Wallach, Lieb. Ann., 262, 324 (1891).Google Scholar